President Trump first state of the union address focused on jobs and the economy, infrastructure, immigration, trade and national security. President Trump State of the Union Address show that he can be a states man he can be Presidential. President Trump showed leadership in helping craft an agenda that is helping the American people sending a positive message.
With the passage of the Tax reform bill some American are getting pay raises and more jobs are being created. In the beginning of February most Americans will see more money in their pockets. Companies are repatriating money from oversea helping create even more jobs.
He eloquently introduces us to American people who help make this country great. The “Cajun Navy,” racing to the rescue with their fishing boats to save people in the aftermath of a devastating hurricane. We heard deeds of Americans like Coast Guard Petty Officer Ashlee Leppert, Ashlee was aboard one of the first helicopters on the scene in Houston during Hurricane Harvey helping to save life’s. There was Preston Sharp, a 12-year-old boy from Redding, California, who noticed that veterans’ graves were not marked with flags on Veterans Day. What an outstanding young man.
In the words of President Trump is the following issue that he wants to tackle.
- People who are terminally ill should not have to go from country to country to seek a cure — I want to give them a chance right here at home. It is time for the Congress to give these wonderful Americans the “right to try.”
- I am calling on the Congress to produce a bill that generates at least $1.5 trillion for the new infrastructure investment we need.
- As tax cuts create new jobs, let us invest in workforce development and job training
- That is why this year we will embark on reforming our prisons to help former inmates who have served their time get a second chance.
- Tonight, I am calling on the Congress to finally close the deadly loopholes that have allowed MS-13, and other criminals, to break into our country.
- In recent months, my Administration has met extensively with both Democrats and Republicans to craft a bipartisan approach to immigration reform.
- My Administration is committed to fighting the drug epidemic and helping get treatment for those in need.
- For this reason, I am asking the Congress to end the dangerous defense sequester and fully fund our great military. We have multiple threats from North Korea, Russia and China which calls for a strengthen military ,
- As part of our defense, we must modernize and rebuild our nuclear arsenal, hopefully never having to use it, but making it so strong and powerful that it will deter any acts of aggression.
- One of my greatest priorities is to reduce the price of prescription drugs.
- And celebrate our police, our military, and our amazing veterans as heroes who deserve our total and unwavering support.
The positive message was not shared by the democrats. They look soured stone face and mad at the world. When it was mentioned that black unemployment was at a record low 6.8% and Latino unemployment was at 4.9%. there was no recognition by the Democrats. That should be embraced and celebrated by all Americans. About halfway through the speech, Trump offered them something he thought they should stand for lowering prescription drug prices but no response by the democrats.
Democrats are short on solution and long on attacking Trump. Their hate of Trump will not be good for them in the end. They are boxing themselves into a corner being obstructionist resisting without solutions will lead to the demise of the Democrat party.